The proposal is a detailed description of the subject matter of the focus project/master’s thesis (max. 3-5 A4 pages). After consulting the mentoring professors about it, a printed version of the proposal is to be enclosed as well.
The proposal that has to be handed in for admission to master.design is supposed to show
the applicants will and abilities to work on a scientific and/or creative topic.
- Examination of socially compatible design concepts and their implementation possibilities in processes of planning and design is considered to be of particular importance.
- A detailed explanation of a disciplinary relevant problem; it is to be described systematically and in detail and concerning the regarding level of development and knowledge.
- Research and work on the problem are supposed to generate new insight or innovative design solutions and are thereby making a contribution to the area of expertise.
- Adequacy and aim-orientation of the methods applied in the project have to be explained coherently and discussed critically.
- The problem requires socio-creative and design related competences.
- Being well grounded theoretically and methodologically is of great importance for independent, anticipatory economical and humanely considerate planning and designing.
- The applicant is supposed to show willingness and readiness to operate in a motivating, coordinating and moderating way.
The proposal meets creative standards itself.
Upon approval by the mentors it is possible to hand in proposals in English.